Here is your Twin Cities weekend rundown:
- Calendar of Weekend Events from Mpls St Paul Magazine
- No New Releases this weekend but there are a bunch of new films coming out in the next few weeks!
Movies Still In Theatres
- Maybe I Do
- You People
- The Son
- When You Finish Saving The World
- Avatar: The Way of Water
- A Man Called Otto
- Wild Hockey
- No weekend game – Next game is Monday, February 6th
- Timberwolves Basketball
- Friday, February 3rd at 7:00 PM – Home against the Orlando Magic
- Sunday, February 5th at 6:30 PM – Home against the Denver Nuggets
- Gopher Sports Calendar - http://www.gophersports.com/calendar/events/
- Klondike Dog Derby – February 3rd & 4th
- Fun for the whole family! Hosting the Lake Minnetonka Klondike Dog Derby in Excelsior, MN is the perfect way to revive a little piece of local history. Back in the 1930s and 1970s, the historic town held events with various winter activities from skating parties to dog sled races. Stop out Friday to meet the dogs and grab a drink at Excelsior Brewing or line up Saturday morning and cheer on the mushers or enjoy your own sled dog ride! Bundle up because it’s going to be a cold one.
- Saint Paul Winter Carnival – Now through February 5th
- The Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation’s 137th Saint Paul Winter Carnival will run for 10 days – all day on weekends and evenings during the week. From Thursday, January 26 through Sunday, February 5, 2023, the festival will attract 100,000+ people from Saint Paul and beyond to celebrate winter in Minnesota. Landmark Center, located in the heart of downtown Saint Paul, the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, and businesses throughout the city will be venues for event festivities, which include ice carving competitions, family-friendly artistic and educational activities, and much more!
- Art Shanty 2023 – Now through February 11th
- Since 2004, Art Shanty creates outdoor art experience for everyone to enjoy, and this year, their art explosion is heading to Bde Unma, or Lake Harriet. All artists involved get the opportunity to create any sort of whacky, experimental creation they choose and with live performances, music, family-fun for everyone to enjoy, this free-admittance 4-week long winter art festival attracts over 20,000 visitors!
- Winter SKOLstice at Viking Lakes – Now through February 19th
- Winter SKOLstice is back for its second year, with a new addition of The Minnesota Ice Maze! We have fun for all ages and skill levels, from competition sports, to learning something new on the ice, to enjoying the winter atmosphere on the trails. Due to unsafe ice conditions, all hockey and curling events are postponed. Click the link above for more information regarding timing and ticket pricing.