Here is your Twin Cities weekend rundown:
- Calendar of Weekend Events from Mpls St Paul Magazine
- Alice, Darling
- The Son
- When You Finish Saving The World
Movies Still In Theatres
- Avatar: The Way of Water
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
- A Man Called Otto
- Puss in Boots: The Last Wish
- Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance With Somebody
- Wild Hockey
- At the Florida Panthers– Saturday, January 21st at 5:00 pm
- Timberwolves Basketball
- Home against the Houston Rockets – Saturday, January 21st at 7:00 pm
- Gopher Sports Calendar - http://www.gophersports.com/calendar/events/
- World Snow Sculpting Championships - January 18th – January 21st
- This year, Stillwater is hosting the World Snow Sculpting Championships. Teams from around the world build massive snow sculptures and compete to be the best. The championships will also include a host of other events, from warming houses to a wild rice cook off. The event is free and the carving process is almost three days long.
- The Princess Bride - An Inconceivable Evening with Cary Elwes – January 20th and 21st
- Join Cary Elwes (Westley) for a behind-the-scenes look at life on and off the set of the classic film, The Princess Bride. After a screening of the iconic movie, Elwes will engage in a moderated discussion revealing never before shared secrets and tales of inconceivable antics!
- Winter SKOLstice at Viking Lakes - January 6, 2023 - February 19, 2023
- Winter SKOLstice is back for its second year, with a new addition of The Minnesota Ice Maze! We have fun for all ages and skill levels, from competition sports, to learning something new on the ice, to enjoying the winter atmosphere on the trails. Due to unsafe ice conditions, all hockey and curling events are postponed. Click the link above for more information regarding timing and ticket pricing.
- Sherlock Holms The Exhibit at Minnesota History Center – Now through April 2, 2023
- Be transported into Sherlock Holmes’ London to solve a possible murder in a world filled with innovation and experimentation. Sherlock Holmes: The Exhibition will delight visitors of all ages with interactive crime-solving opportunities, original manuscripts, period artifacts, and investigative tools influenced and used by Sherlock Holmes. This exhibit showcases areas of forensic science that enabled Sherlock Holmes to solve crimes, and brings to life the historic underpinnings of author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s rich and vibrant stories.
- Hairspray at the Orpheum - Jan 10, 2023 - Jan 14, 2023
- Kicking off the new year’s calendar of shows, Hairspray, Broadway’s Tony Award-winning musical comedy phenomenon is back on tour! Join 16-year-old Tracy Turnblad in 1960s Baltimore as she sets out to dance her way onto TV’s most popular show. Can a girl with big dreams (and even bigger hair) change the world?
- 2023 Winter Flower Show at the Como Park - January 14 through March 19, 2023
- Escape the cold and spend the day with flowers at Como's Winter Flower Show. The event is free however reservations are required. The 2023 Winter Flower Show will feature a variety of pinks and purples designed to help you forget about the weather outside. Main plants featured will be cyclamen, azaleas, camellias, veltheimia, cineraria and foxgloves.